- Covid vaccines will be given by appointment only at St Michaels, based at Braintree Community Hospital. Please be advised that you will be contacted in order of the list provided by NHS England. The priority list can be found on the Gov.uk website
- When visiting the surgery for appointments- please make sure you sign in at reception to let us know you are here. They will advise you where you need to go to wait, depending on which clinician you are seeing.
- In view of Covid-19 restrictions we ask that patients do not arrive more than 5 minutes early for their given appointment time, to limit the numbers of patients in the building. Please come alone if you can, or with one carer if needed.
- Please be prepared to wait outside, and bring a coat or umbrella depending on the weather. You will be able to sit inside either the reception area or our 2nd waiting area when there is enough space. A face covering must be worn at all times within the practice, Please do not attend if you or a close contact have symptoms of COVID-19, or have had contact with a suspected/confirmed case.
- All our clinicians will be wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). This will be a mask and possibly an apron, visor or goggles. They won’t be wearing gloves but will wash and sanitise their hands in between patients. This is based on current guidance for vaccination clinics. They will also have to wipe down any chair or surfaces that have been in contact with patients. If you are able to stand for your vaccine this will really help us, but a chair will be available